明升亚洲手机版 Energy partners with the 丙烷 Education & Research Council (PERC) to remind our 丙烷 customers of the importance of 丙烷 safety. As part of our yearly reminder below is a quick guide for how to detect a 丙烷 leak and what to do in the event you or a family member smells 丙烷 gas.
什么 丙烷 gas smell like?
丙烷 is a colorless and odorless gas, therefore an odorant called ethyl mercaptan is added to make the presence of 丙烷 detectable. Thanks to ethyl mercaptan, 丙烷 smells like rotten eggs, a skunk’s spray, or a dead animal. 然而, some people can’t smell this foul odor because of age (less sensitive to smell), medical condition, 酒精, 烟草, 或药物.
If you smell gas:
- NO FLAMES OR SPARKS! Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, appliances, telephones, or cell phones. Any flame source, the source of electricity, or spark can trigger an explosion or fire.
- LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY! Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect the gas leak. No time to collect any necessities, get outside and to a safe space.
- SHUT OF THE GAS. Turn off the main gas supply valve on your 丙烷 tank, as long as it is safe to do so. Turn the valve to the right (turn clockwise) to shut the gas off.
- REPORT THE LEAK. Call your 丙烷 provider right away from a safe location, such as a neighbor’s home. If you can’t reach your 丙烷 provider, call 911 or your local fire department.
- DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING OR AREA. Stay away from the area until 丙烷 provider, emergency responder, or a qualified service technician has deemed the area safe to return.
- GET YOUR SYSTEM CHECKED. Before attempting to use your 丙烷 appliances again, your 丙烷 provider or qualified technician must check the entire 丙烷 system to ensure there are no leaks.
The Dangers of Running Out of 丙烷 Gas:
There are serious safety hazards associated with letting your 丙烷 tank go empty. It is always best to keep your 丙烷 tank filled and monitored by a 丙烷 provider. If you are monitoring your 丙烷 tank, it is best to not let the tank go below 30 percent of the tank capacity.
- If an appliance valve or a gas line is left open, a leak could occur when the tank is refilled with 丙烷.
- If your 丙烷 tank runs out of gas, any pilot lights on your appliances will go out. This creates an extremely dangerous situation and is highly recommended that a qualified service technician light any pilot light that has gone out.
- A LEAK CHECK IS REQUIRED. Many states require a 丙烷 provider or a service technician to perform a leak check on your 丙烷 system before turning the gas back on.
Last Updated on October 26, 2021 by 网页